Construction Electricians install, repair, test and maintain wiring, controls, motors and other electrical devices in a variety of locations.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations.
- Test continuity of circuits using testing equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of systems, following installation, replacement or repair.
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components.
- Connect electrical power to sound and visual communication equipment, signalling devices and heating and cooling systems.
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School Completion and Your Future in the Skilled Trades handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.” More information can also be found at http://tradeupsask.ca/electricians.