Steps of Apprenticeship
What are the steps to becoming an apprentice?
1. Find an employer willing to provide the necessary on-the-job training and supervision.
2. Sign an apprenticeship contract with the employer and register it with the SATCC. (See Applications & Forms)
3. Work and learn on the job for the required period of time.
4. Submit your hours of work – trade time – to the SATCC every few months.
5. When notified by the SATCC, attend technical training for the required number of weeks each year.
6. Pass your technical training.
7. Upon successfully completing the apprenticeship program and passing the certification
exams, the apprentice receives a Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship and a Journeyperson Certificate of Qualification.
Congratulations, you are a professional journeyperson now!